Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Frequently Asked Questions

How do we know your company is legitimate?

As per Canadian immigration, to represent clients for a fee, authorized representatives must be either of the following:

1. Immigration consultant who is a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC);

2. Canadian lawyer or paralegal; or

3. Quebec Notaries

lick this link from the Canadian immigration website: IRCC on Authorized Representatives

Jeric Mendoza, the immigration consultant of Canadalink and J. Mendoza & Associates is an immigration consultant who is an ICCRC member with good standing.

To verify this yourself, do the following:

ICCRC website
2. Click the "Verify Your Immigration Consultant" button OR the "Public Register" button
3. Enter First Name: Jeric and Last Name: Mendoza
4. You should be able to see the name Jeric Mendoza with his status as "Active". This means Jeric is an active ICCRC member, and legally allowed to represent you with Canadian immigration. You also have the option to contact Jeric via the ICCRC website by clicking the "Contact" button on the list that shows his name. You will see then his email address to be [email protected]

Tip: Do the same with other "consultants" you meet in the Philippines. You will know for yourself whether they're legitimate or not. They may have a legal business in the Philippines as the Philippines does not require them the ICCRC license to open an immigration business, BUT if not listed as an ICCRC member, Canadian lawyer or Quebec notary, then you know you're dealing with a fake consultant that can ruin your application.

What are the requirements to apply for a study visa?

Each applicant may require a different set of documents depending on client's situation. We prepare the full set of requirements ONLY when the client signs up a retainer agreement with us, as it requires careful assessment of client background to strengthen client's case. We cannot provide the list during the inquiry stage.

In general, the Applicant must be able to provide proof of funds, a Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (we can assist), and other documents proving identity and educational history.

How much fund or money is required?

As a rule of thumb, the more funds you can show, the better. In general, an international student requires about CAD$10,000 plus cost of tuition fee (normally in the range of CAD$10,000-CAD$25,000 depending on course and school). The proof of funds must be in a 'liquid' asset form like cash or bank deposits (Liquid means anytime you need them, they can be readily available.). Note, however, that providing enough funds is not the sole basis of study visa/permit approval.

Can somebody else show proof of funds?

Yes, either yourself, your relative, your company, a scholarship sponsor, or a combination thereof may provide proof of funds.

Do you assist in securing a Letter of Acceptance from schools?

Yes we do. We are set to assist our international student clients at all critical stages of the application to any approved school of your choice ANYWHERE in Canada (including Quebec with the help of a Quebec partner), subject to applicable fees. We position ourselves to be your one-stop-shop for international student applications wherever you are in the world.

Is IELTS or CELPIP required?

Proofs of language proficiency like IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program) may or may not be required depending on the school of choice. It's not a mandatory requirement in applying for a study visa/permit. (We can assist in CELPIP review preparation.)

Can I bring my family with me?

An international student may bring a spouse and/or dependent children with them, subject to eligibility requirements particularly availability of funds (additional CAD$3,000-CAD$4000 per family member on top of above-stated proof of funds).

            If approved, the spouse of an international student can be issued an open work permit that allows him/her to work with any employer in Canada. Also, if approved, the children may study in Canada for *free (primary & secondary level) depending on province of destination.

Am I allowed to work while studying?

An international student is allowed to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week as long as he/she is a full-time student, or full-time during scheduled breaks subject to off-campus work eligibility (e.g... have started studying and a full-time student).